Welcome to Excel at ESL. Here you will find everything you need to not only tackle your IELTS test but also become a better, more confident English speaker.
I started Excel at ESL because I love helping motivated learners overcome the hurdle of the test. No one wants to become a professional IELTS test taker. The reason you’re here is because you want to be finished with the test so that you never have to take it again!
If that sounds like you, you’re in the right place. I have compiled all the best information from my years teaching the IELTS test and written countless in-depth articles about your most burning questions for not only the IELTS test but also about English grammar and interesting English history!
The purpose of this page is to get your started with my website. Here you’ll find direct links to some of my most helpful and interesting content.
If you’re looking for personal help passing IELTS, check out my services page.
- Practical English Usage – The Best No-Nonsense Grammar for English Learners
- Handbook of the IPA – Best Tool for Pronunciation (Clear Language Review)
- Work on Your Idioms – Fantastic Idiom Practice for IELTS Speaking.
IELTS Tips & Tricks
- How to get a high score in the IELTS test.
- What is the passing score for IELTS?
- Is It Possible to Clear IELTS on Your First Attempt?
- What to Wear to the IELTS Speaking Test.
- Is the IELTS Speaking Test Recorded?
- How to Improve Your IELTS Band (When You’re Stuck and Can’t Get it Higher!)
- Improve Your IELTS Academic Writing Today with 10 Easy Tips.
- How to Write IELTS Academic Writing Task 1
- How to Write IELTS Academic Writing Task 2
Improve Your English
- How to Sound like a Native English Speaker.
- How to Improve Your English Day by Day
- How Do You Read Difficult Words in English?
- How to Write Clear English.
- How to Learn English Vocabulary.
- Why is English Grammar Important?
- How to Learn English with YouTube.
- How to Practice Speaking English Alone.
- How to Use Commas.
- Avoid Comma Splices with these Easy Tips.
- An Introduction to Conjunctions.
- Why You Need a Good Grammar Textbook.
- What’s the Difference Between Apostrophes and Quotation marks?
- How to Use Modal Verbs (should, would, could) in English.
- What Are Countable and Uncountable (mass) Nouns?